Reference and Collection Development Technician, Loyalist College
December 2015 to Present
- Performs reference services using print, non-print, and electronic resources, service students, faculty and staff, and instructs patrons on the use of library services.
- Acting Copyright Technician; responsible for copyright and course pack permissions (October 2015 to October 2016).
- Developed the first draft of the library’s social media policy, and worked with Marketing & Communications to launch the library’s social media presence; currently monitors and maintains the library’s social media accounts.
- Responsible for collection development, including liaising with faculty to select materials for purchase and for weeding; researched and developed the first formalized draft of the library’s collection development and weeding policies.
- Performs interlibrary loan services, including processing requests from Loyalist students, staff and faculty, and from other colleges, universities, and outside organizations.
- Creates and maintains subject-specific LibGuides for faculty and student use.
- Assists with library orientation sessions to introduce students, staff and faculty to the library’s resources and provide instruction for their use.
Volunteer Social Media Coordinator, Hart House Library, University of Toronto
June 2013 to December 2014
- Researched and developed the first draft of the library’s new social media policy; the final draft of the policy is currently being implemented.
- Supervised the library’s social media committee; responsible for regularly contributing content to all social media accounts associated with the library.
- Provided original and derivative cataloging, including updates to the catalog and the development of keywords to enhance searching.
Web Commerce Clerk and Stock Associate, La Vie En Rose
June 2011 to December 2014
- Responsible for processing orders from the company’s website, and for all logistic functions within the store: ordering and maintaining supplies, all shipping and receiving of merchandise, product consolidations, and visual merchandising.
- Provided customer service and sales assistance whenever required, as well as cashier support using the point of sale and CRM systems.
Information Desk Assistant, Scott Reference Library, York University
September 2010 to April 2011
- Responsible for answering directional and ready reference questions, and instructing students in the basic use of the library catalog and online resources.
- Collected statistics related to patron inquires, to be used in developing and improving library services and holdings.
- Provided basic technical support for all electronic equipment in the library, as well as basic troubleshooting for software issues.
Work Placement Student, Toronto Public Library
- Assisted with Access Employment presentations and with the TESS Job Fair; provided information on the library’s career resources and answered questions from job seekers.
- Weeded serials collection, and compiled detailed lists of items to be removed from the catalog, and items to be relocated to other branches.
Work Placement Student, Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association
- Created original and derived catalogue records for historical and new materials, including the creation of call numbers.
- Surveyed news publications for articles produced by or referencing the CLHIA, and prepared the information to be delivered to the CLHIA’s public relations staff.
Work Placement Student, Riverdale Collegiate Institute
- Duties performed include processing new materials, derivative cataloguing, shelf reading, charging and discharging items, and assisting with the removal of old items from the collection.