Volunteer Social Media Coordinator, Hart House Library, University of Toronto
July 2013 to December 2014
- Created the first draft of the library’s new social media policy; the final draft of the policy is currently being implemented.
- Supervises a committee of volunteers who maintain the library’s social media accounts; Twitter, Facebook and the library’s blog.
- Contributes social media content to all platforms used by the library, including blogs.
Event Volunteer, Word on the Street: Toronto
- Acted as an author assistant; performed as a liaison between presenting authors and hosts, and provided orientation and answered questions for presenters.
- Available to answer all types of questions from all festival attendees and members of the general public.
Event Volunteer, Ontario Library Association: Festival of Trees
May 15 and 16, 2013, May 11 and 12, 2011
- Attended both Festival days to assist with set-up and tear-down, assisted with directing and supervising students attending the event, and answering questions from attendees and authors.
Founder, Nipissing and Canadore Self-Injury Awareness Project, Nipissing University
- Developed during the 2005/2006 academic year.
- A community service initiative developed to raise awareness, provide information, and eliminate social stigma about mental health issues.
- Organized volunteers, and handled administrative aspects of the project with the Nipissing and Canadore student unions, campus security, and the student services department.
Director, Technician, Nipissing and Canadore Students on Stage
Active member from 2003 to 2007
- Worked as a director and executive member during the 2006 – 2007 season.
- Produced and directed A Balancing Act, a show which was a part of a community service initiative focused on the problem of drug and alcohol addiction.
- Worked as a technician for six productions.